Emotional Wellness Workshop
If you’re struggling with a mental health challenge—like overwhelming stress, depression or anxiety—you’re not alone. More than 80% of American adults are living with a mental health problem of some kind.
It’s important to get help. Not just so you can feel better emotionally, but also because the health of your mind and your body are linked. So taking care of your mental health can be a big part of keeping yourself healthy overall. And we can help.
HOW WE’LL HELP YOU
Our Wellness Recovery Action Plan (or WRAP®) workshop is a self-designed prevention and wellness process that you can use to get well, stay well, and build the life you want. The program was created by people who successfully overcame their own mental health challenges. All of our specially trained workshop leaders have developed their own WRAP®—so they know what it feels like to go through the process.
Each week, your workshop leaders and fellow participants will guide and support you to:
- Keep track of—and plan responses to—any troubling feelings or behaviors
- Develop healthy ways to work through challenges
- Find ways to build more peace and enjoyment into your daily life
- Plan small, steady steps to achieve your goals and gain a sense of control over your feelings and your life
If you’re caring for or supporting someone with a mental health challenge, this program can help you learn how to help the person in times when they may not be able to make a decision, take care of themselves, or keep themselves safe.
Our workshops are free of cost for all participants. That’s because we’re committed to making sure all Vermonters have access to expert advice and proven strategies to take control of their health.
THIS WORKSHOP MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOU
- Have been diagnosed with a mental health problem, like depression or anxiety
- Are feeling sad, stressed, anxious, overwhelmed, or just need help feeling better
- Are caring for or supporting someone with a mental health or emotional challenge