Diabetes Prevention Workshop
If your doctor has told you you’re at risk of diabetes—or if you have certain risk factors like high blood pressure or being overweight—you’re not alone.
About 1 in every 3 American adults have high blood pressure. More than 2 in 3 are considered overweight or obese. And more than 1 in 3 have a condition called prediabetes. This means their blood sugar levels are too high, but not yet high enough for a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes.
But knowing you’re at risk is good. It gives you a chance to take control of your health and take steps to help prevent diabetes and other serious health problems. There’s a lot you can do to lower your risk. And we can help.
HOW WE’LL HELP YOU
This workshop lasts for one year, with 16 weekly core sessions, plus monthly maintenance sessions.
Your workshop leaders and fellow participants will guide and support you to:
- Solve problems and create plans for action and change
- Make healthier eating choices
- Get more physical activity into your daily life
- Be an active partner in working with you to better your health
Our workshops are free of cost for all participants. That’s because we’re committed to making sure all Vermonters have access to expert advice and proven strategies to take control of their health.
THIS WORKSHOP MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOU
- Have been diagnosed with prediabetes
- Are overweight or obese
- Don’t get enough exercise
- Have high blood pressure or abnormal cholesterol
- Have a parent or sibling who has diabetes
- Support a friend or loved one who needs help with these issues