Chronic Disease Management Workshop
If you’re living with a long-term (or “chronic”) health problem—like arthritis, diabetes, cancer, obesity, or heart disease—you’re not alone. About half of all American adults have at least 1 chronic health problem. Many have 2 or more.
Long-term health problems can lead to serious complications that can make it hard for you to work, take care of yourself, and enjoy your life. But there’s a lot you can do to prevent these complications and live a healthier, more productive, and more enjoyable life. And we can help.
HOW WE’LL HELP YOU
This workshop meets for 2.5 hours, one day each week for a total of 6 weeks.
Your workshop leader and fellow participants will help guide and support you in learning to:
- Solve problems and create plans for action
- Make healthier eating choices
- Get more physical activity into your daily life
- Be an active partner in working with your doctor and other care providers
- Manage your medications to get better results and stay safe
- Work through the emotional challenges that can come with living with a chronic condition
Our workshops are free of cost for all participants. That’s because we’re committed to making sure all Vermonters have access to expert advice and proven strategies to take control of their health
THIS WORKSHOP MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOU
If you’re living with a chronic disease such as arthritis, diabetes, cancer, obesity, or heart disease.